The Boston Children’s Museum has been delighting kids and grown-ups alike for 100 years! This Boston treasure is celebrating its 100th birthday of providing amazing opportunities for playful exploration including music, science, games and discovery. Come join in the fun as this great organization celebrates their centennial year!
Big Cake Birthday Tour
The museum’s Big Cake Birthday Tour is underway. The tour will be hitting ten Boston neighborhoods over the course of the summer with fun activities and games that put the emphasis on fitness. There will be a giant inflatable birthday cake and milk bottle, and at the end of the tour the museum will tether the balloons to a barge for a tour of Boston Harbor. Upcoming Big Birthday Cake Tour stops include:
- Saturday, October 5 – Centennial Gala Weekend at the Boston Children’s Museum’s Boston Harbor Tour
Big Cake Challenge
Are you ready to take the Big Cake Challenge? You can check in at these events and get a power pedometer to track how many steps you take while you travel through the movement course. At the end make your way into the Big Cake to join the dance party complete with disco ball. The neighborhood that registers the most steps will get a big shout-out at the big birthday party on October 5th. Some of the challenges include:
- Have a Ball – Fun with a normal beach ball
- Twist and Shout – Take your hoop game to the next level
- Taghackers – puts a twist on an old game
- Strength in Numbers – How long can you hold the pose?
- Jump! – Over, under, around and through!
- Retro Fun – old games that never go out of style!
All events are FREE as the museum’s gift to the residents of Boston.
The Boston Children’s Museum is located at 308 Congress Street, Boston, MA, 02210. Hours are Saturday through Thursday from 10am to 5pm and Friday from 10am to 9pm. Admission prices are as follows:
- Adults: $14
- Children ages 1-15: $14
- Children 0-12 months: FREE
- Members: FREE
- Target Fridays are $1 from 5pm to 9pm
To learn more about the upcoming birthday celebration as well as all the programs and exhibits the museum has to offer, please visit http://www.bostonchildrensmuseum.org/.