Registration for the 29th Annual AIDS Walk Boston and 5K Run is still open. The event will take place this coming June 2, 2013. The said event draws about 10,000 to 15,000 participants every year and is considered as the biggest AIDS Action annual fundraiser. The Walk covers 6.2 miles. The 5K Run is a competitive and timed event. It is fully sanctioned by the USA Track and Field Association. The event will start and end at the DCR Hatch Memorial Sell, located on the Charles River Esplanade in Boston.
The registration and check-in will start at 7:30 in the morning, while the Walk begins at 10:00 am. On the other hand, the 5K Run begins at 9:50 am. The emcee for the event is WCVB-TV Eye Opener Newscaster Randy Price. Included in the celebration is a Wellness Festival.
Remember that the whole event neither comes with a registration fee nor minimum funds raised requirement in order to join. But for the 5K Run, the cost is $25. The AIDS Action expects to raise an amount of $1 Million from the participants.
In order for the event to be a huge success, there are several corporate sponsors that will help. These include Macy’s, Bristol-Myers Squibb, EMD Serono, Whole Foods Market, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Partners Healthcare, Eastern Bank, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts, PharmaHealth Pharmacy, Jet Blue, last but not the least, Polar Seltzer. Sponsorship opportunities are still available for those interested groups and companies.
Walk and Run for a Good Cause
Since 1986, the community has gathered every first Sunday of June for the AIDS Walk Boston and 5K Run. It is an annual community event that benefits the AIDS Action Committee of Massachusetts, New England’s biggest and oldest service organization for AIDS. For more or less 30 years, thousands of participants have already raised millions of dollars for the programs and services of AIDS Action. These programs and services are important in maintaining the health of every individual and prevent the spread of the disease. Moreover, the Walk raises the awareness of the people with regards to the impact of HIV/AIDS in individuals, families, as well as the community as a whole.
Things to Bring
- Donations: Cash and checks will highly be appreciated.
- Water: Water will be available throughout the route but it is best to bring your own.
- Snacks: Small munchies will be available at three different pit stops and food samples will be given at the Wellness Festival. If you think those are not enough, bring snacks for yourselves.
- Sunscreen: Protect yourselves from the sun, bring sunscreen.
- Comfortable walking shoes: Of course, since this is a running event, be sure that your shoes are not broken and these should be comfortable to walk in.
- What: AIDS Walk Boston and 5K Run 2013
- Where: DCR Hatch Memorial Shell, 1 David G Mugar Way, Boston, MA
- When: June 2, 2013 9:00 am
- Contact No.: 617-263-1184
- Cost: Free
███▓▒░░. Ed Greable Realtor .░░▒▓███Interested in buying or selling real estate in Greater Boston area? Ed Greable will help you buy and sell homes in Somerville, Arlington, Cambridge & Medford. Click Here or call Ed @ (617) 905-9128