The Saint Athanaisus Great Greek Orthodox Church will be holding its annual festival known as the Arlington Greek Festival. The event is usually held every first weekend of June. And this year, the fun starts on May 31, 2013, Friday from 11 am to 10 pm. It continues to June 2, from 11 am to 8 pm. Rain or shine, there will be a big tent on the venue. Don’t you worry about the parking because there will be lots of free parking available off of Appleton Place and Acton Street, as well as on the Mass Ave and on the surrounding streets.
About the Festival
The Arlington Greek Festival is considered as one of the biggest cultural events in the area. It draws thousands of people from Arlington and other areas. For this year’s celebration, it will be held under a large 300 ft. tent that will stand on the church grounds. It is ready to welcome 15,000 visitors of all ages coming from New England and all around the country. Bring families and friends and enjoy authentic Greek food and more.
What to Expect
- Lamb and Pig on the Spit
- Homemade Greek Food and Pastry: There is nothing like tasting Greek food from the hands of the Greeks themselves. Most of the visitors really look forward to tasting the best of authentic Greek foods.
- Live Greek Music: Never heard of one? Well, it’s time to experience Greek entertainment through coming to Arlington and joining this annual event. Surely, your time will not be wasted.
- Children’s Carnival and Games: Of course, a festival will never be complete without a carnival and those fun games. Lots of things are in store for the kids and for the kids at heart. This festival promises tons of fun and excitement for people of all ages.
- Greek Dancing: If there is live Greek music, then there should Greek dancing. Experience the culture of the Greeks through seeing the different forms of art, including music and dancing.
- Greek Cafenio
- Agora (marketplace): For the adults, the marketplace is what they long for. This is the place where you can buy all kinds of stuff, from raw materials to actual food products, arts and crafts, and anything else you can think of.
- Wine Tasting: Wine enthusiasts all over the country really enjoy the festival because of the wine tasting event. Get a chance to taste exclusive Greek wines and the like.
Remember, the event comes with free admission, no matter how young or old you are. For more information regarding the Arlington Greek Festival 2013, please visit the official website.
- What: Arlington, MA Greek Festival 2013
- When: May 31 to June 2, 2013
- Where: 4 Appleton Street, Alington MA
- Free Admission
- Suitable for all ages
- Free parking in many areas
- Official Website: http://arlingtonfestival.com
███▓▒░░. Ed Greable Realtor .░░▒▓███Interested in buying or selling real estate in Greater Boston area? Ed Greable will help you buy and sell homes in Somerville, Arlington, Cambridge & Medford. Click Here or call Ed @ (617) 905-9128