The rich colonial and maritime history of America will come alive during the 32nd Annual Boston Harborfest. The festival will take place this coming July 2 to July 7, 2013. There are actually three main events which are the Party on the Plaza, Children’s Day and the Chowderfest.
- Children’s Day (July 3 from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm): It gives everyone the opportunity to celebrate the birthday of the nation with many entertaining and educational activities. Many organizations will be there to give children and adults something to learn about Boston and its history. These include the USS Constitution Museum, Historic New England, and the New England Aquarium.
- Party on the Plaza (July 6 from 6:00 pm to 9:30 pm): The event will feature musical performances including the band Primal Funk, Wayne Potash and the Music Fun Band, Town Hall Blues Band, Guy, DownCity Band, Baha Brothers, and more.
- Chowderfest (July 7): Visitors can vote for “Boston’s Best Chowder” after getting samples of the traditional New England style clam chowder made by the top restaurants in Boston.
Aside from the three main events, there are more than 200 other events during the six days of the Boston Harborfest. Included in the 200 are historical reenactments, walking tours, sunset harbor cruises, noontime concerts for free, and a whole lot more. There is free admission to more than half of these events, thus accessible to all.
The Boston Harborfest has been consistently recognized among the Top 100 Events in all of North America by the American Bus Association. It has also been in internationally recognized event since the year 2010.
- What: Boston Harborfest
- Where: Boston City Hall Plaza, 1 City Hall Plaza, Boston, MA
- When: July 2 to July 7, 2013
- Cost: Most events are free to the public.
- Official Website: www.bostonharborfest.com
Over the years, Boston Harborfest has grown from being a local event to a national and grand celebration. In the year 1982, there were only 35 activities in the course of three short days. Now on the 32nd year of the event, Harborfest is already considered as the biggest patriotic celebration in the nation, with more than 200 activities during the festival. It is actually part of the Fourth of July Festival, a great way to celebrate the Independence Day.
Weeks from now, Boston will be celebrating this annual event. Don’t miss the fun. Join the different activities and the main events. You don’t have to save up, as previously stated, most events are free to the public. Thousands of people are indeed looking forward for the Boston Harborfest.
Boston Harborfest Inc.
The Boston Harborfest Inc. is a non-profit organization. It is a chapter 180 Massachusetts corporation. It is comprised of more or less 40 constituent members representing different institutions and businesses. The primary interest of the organization is enhanced by use and awareness of the waterfront and historic resources of Boston.
███▓▒░░. Ed Greable Realtor .░░▒▓███