If you are looking for ways to enjoy being physically active while learning something new, there are many options available in Boston. Here is a look at just a few of the activities that are available.
Yoga in Cambridge
Cambridge Health Associates offers a number of different Yoga and Pilates classes to choose from. Some that are currently available include:
- Beginner Yoga: Meets on Tuesdays from 7:15 to 8:15 pm. There is a $15 drop-in fee, which is reduced to $10 for those who are out of work. Discounted prices are also available for those who sign up for an entire semester and multiple classes.
- Intermediate Yoga: Meets on Mondays from 6:00 to 7:30 pm. Classes are $17 or $16 for those who sign up for a block of classes. Those who are out of work can register for $10 per class.
- Pilates Mat Classes: Meets on Saturdays from 8:00 to 9:00 am. Fees are $15 per class or $84 for a package of 6 classes.
Cambridge Health Associates is located at 335 Broadway in Cambridge,
Dance Classes with MetaMovements Latin Dance Company
MetaMovements Latin Dance Company offers classes every Tuesday. The class schedule is as follows:
- Salsa Beginners & Intermediate Levels: Helps students learn the secrets of becoming a better salsa dancer. Meets from 7:00 to 7:45 pm.
- Body Movement & Shines: Teaches students how to bring out their best body movements. Meets from 7:45 to 8:15 pm.
- Cubanizate: Teaches students the dances that are considered to be the roots of salsa, including traditional dances from Cuba. Meets from 8:15 to 9:00 pm.
The cost is $15 per class, or an entire 8-week program that includes all three classes can be purchased for $145. MetaaMovements is located at 45 Danforth Street in Jamaica Plain.
Argentine Tango Lessons
Ultimate Tango offers a number of tango classes, with a new cycle of beginner’s classes starting January 17th. The beginner course is meant for those who have never danced Tango or who have only taken a few Tango classes in the past. In addition to teaching the basic movements, the course also helps students learn the necessary vocabulary for mastering this form of dance. Anyone interested in taking a higher level Tango class at Ultimate Tango must complete the beginner course first.
The class meets on Tuesdays from 7:30 to 9:00 pm or Sundays from 2:00 to 3:30 pm. Ultimate Tango is located at 16 Bow Street, Floor 2 in Somerville. The cost is $24 for one class with discounted rates available for multiple classes.
INTEGRARTE Yoga Classes
INTEGRARTE offers a variety of different yoga classes to suit different styles and levels. Among these are:
- Authentic Yoga: Deeply meditative and involves physical postures along with applied yoga philosophy.
- Classic Hatha: Utilizes body postures and breathing techniques to help still the mind.
- Hatha Flow: Offers a flow of gentle rhythm of movement that links postures to breathing.
- Revive and Restore: Fuses breath work, supported postures and slow flow followed by guided meditation.
- Rise and Shine: Morning class designed to awaken and energize.
- Vinyasa Power Flow: Vinyasa flow class geared toward participants of all levels.
- Vinyasa Slow Flow: Vinyasa flow yoga class offered at a slower pace with a deeper explanation of the poses.
All classes are $15 each with a 10-class card available for $140. For those who do not have one, mats can be rented at the studio for $3. INTEGRARTE is located at 85 Seaverns Avenue in Jamaica Plain.