Whether you want to enjoy film, listen to classical music, stimulate your mind with some science or flex your photography skills, there are plenty of events taking place in Boston this month for you to enjoy.
Wicked Queer: The Boston LGBT Film Festival
Wicked Queer: The Boston LGBT Film Festival kicked off at the end of March and will continue through April 9th. Taking place at various venues around Boston and founded in 1984 by film programmer George Mansour, the festival is the fourth oldest LGBT film festival in North America. Over the years, the Boston LGBT Film Festival has become the leading LGBT media organization in the Northeast as it has screened thousands of films and hosted hundreds of filmmakers. Today, the event showcases local, US and international film, video and other media as it works toward fostering a greater sense of awareness and diversity within the LGBT community and allied audiences.
Boston Symphony Orchestra Concert Weekend
The Boston Symphony Orchestra Concert Weekend will take place April 13 through April 15. At the show, Japanese pianist Mitsuko Uchida will play Mozart’s mysterious and stormy proto-Romantic D minor piano concerto. Shows take place from 8:00 until 10:00 pm each night at Boston Symphony Hall, which is located at 301 Massachusetts Avenue in Boston. Ticket prices https://www.bso.org/Performance/Listing?brands=1182 range from $37 to $145.
11th Annual Cambridge Science Festival
The MIT Museum will host the 11th Annual Cambridge Science Festival http://mitmuseum.mit.edu/csfon Friday, April 14th through April 23rd. The festival will highlight the excitement of discovery while also exploring the impact of science and technology on everyday life. Throughout the event, the museum will host a variety of different science-related programs for young people adults, including gallery demonstrations, hands-on interactive activities, workshops and behind-the-scene tours. The MIT Museum is located at 265 Massachusetts Avenue in Cambridge. The price of admission ranges from $5 to $10.
The Boston Photography Workshops
The Boston Photography Workshops offers a number of workshops throughout the year for photographers. Some workshops coming up this month include:
- Food Photography for Beginners (April 8th from 10:00 am until 2:00 pm): A one-day workshop for those interested in capturing amazing photos of food.
- Photoshop for Beginners (April 8th from 3:00 to 7:00 pm): An introductory course that explores the essential tools of Photoshop.
- Digital Cameras I (April 9th, April 22nd, and April 30th from 10:00 am until 2:00 pm): A one-day class offering introductory techniques for taking photos with digital cameras.
- Better Composition in the Field (April 9th from 3:00 until 5:30 pm): A course that focuses on taking photos outside.
- Night Photography for Beginners (April 14th from 6:30 to 9:30 pm): A nighttime photography course that includes strolling through the city with professional photographer.
- Lightroom for Beginners (April 22nd from 3:00 until 7:00 pm): Provides instruction for using Lightroom software for photo editing.
- Photo Review (April 23rd from 1:00 until 3:00 pm): A one-day workshop in which students share and discuss photographic composition, technique and more under the leadership of a professional photographer.
Visit the Boston Photography Workshops Photography classes: http://www.bostonphotographyworkshops.com/calendar-page/website to view a full calendar of upcoming events.