Those that own Arlington real estate can make use of the beautiful Robbins Library next to the Town Hall on Massachusetts Avenue. The impressive building boasts a vast collection of books, periodicals, AV materials, downloadable ebooks, and downloadable audiobooks.
About Robbins Library
The Robbins Library prides itself on providing a vital community center that connects people with traditional and technological resources for learning, intellectual pursuits and leisure. They provide a range of services and activities that are free and accessible by all Arlington MA, residents.
Robbins Library provides museum passes for Arlington residents and those that own Arlington homes. The passes are funded by Friends of the Library and are good for free or discounted admission prices. Museum passes that are available include:
- Butterfly Place
- Boston’s Children’s Museum
- Boston Harbor Islands Ferry
- Discovery Museum in Action
- Garden in the Woods / Nas ami Farm
- Griffin Museum of Photography
- Harvard Art Museums
- Institute of Contemporary Art
- Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum
- Museum of Fine Arts
- Museum of Science
- New England Aquarium
- Massachusetts Park Pass
- Pawtucket Red Sox
- Peabody Essex Museum
- The Sports Museum
- USS Constitution Museum
- Zoo New England
Upcoming Library Events
The Robbins Library sponsors many wonderful events and programs throughout the year. Some of the upcoming events include:
- Preschool Storytime at Robbins – February 6 @ 10am
- Chinese New Year at the Fox – February 6 @ 4pm – Celebrate the Year of the Snake at the Fox Library including crafts for children, Chinese food, and Chinese New Year Storytime and Activity.
- My Little Pony Party for Teens – February 8 @ 3pm – Discover the amazingness that is My Little Pony!
- Cuentos! Spanish Storytime at Robbins – February 9 @ 9:30am
- Many Moons Puppet Show and Workshop at Robbins – February 10 @ 3pm
- Singalong at Robbins – February 12 @ 10am
- Susan B. Anthony – The Invincible – February 12 @ 7pm – Join the Friends of the Robbins Library for its presentation of this one woman play starring Sally Matson.
- Teens Only Book Club – February 13 @ 3pm
- Science for the Public: Mapping the Milky Way – February 13 @ 7pm
- All About eReaders – February 20 @ 7pm
- Staff Picks Book Club – February 21 @ 7pm
- Teens Mala Beads and Meditation Workshop – February 25 @ 6:30pm
- Game Night – February 26 @ 6pm
- Poetry Night Featuring Arlington Poets – March 6 @ 7pm
The Robbins Library is located at 700 Massachusetts Avenue, Arlington, MA, 02476. From Route 95 (Route 128) take Route 2 east. Take exit 59 for Pleasant St./Route 60. Turn left onto Pleasant Street. Proceed one mile to the traffic light and turn left onto Massachusetts Avenue. Go half a block and the library in on the left.
Parking is available at the side of the library and at yellow Robbins House. Bicycle parking is located along Mass Ave and between the library and Robbins House. To get the library via public transit take MBTA bus routes 67, 77, or 79. Routes 80, 87, and 350 stop in nearby Arlington Center.
Robbins Main Library hours are:
- Monday-Wednesday from 9am to 9pm
- Thursday from 1pm to 9pm
- Friday and Saturday from 9am to 5pm
- Closed Saturday in July and August
- Sunday (October to May) from 2pm to 5pm
- Closed Sunday from June to September
For more information about the Robbins Library, call 718-316-3200 or visit their website.