For one weekend in Westborough, the residents don’t have to leave town just to have fun. Instead, they can go to the Bay State Green for the Annual Westborough Spring Festival. The event will be this coming May 3 to 5, 2013. The festival is known as a major fundraiser for the Rotary Club of Westborough. It is a way of different community groups and residents of the place to come together and celebrate what the town has to offer.
In this year’s event, the experience will be richer and deeper. There is something in store for every member of the family. The fun starts May 3, and it encompasses a wide variety of events for all ages, young and old alike. The activities range from challenging basketball games, fishing contests, music festival, dog shows, food fest, 5K Road Race, carnival, business booths, and so much more.
The Westborough Spring Festival includes more or less 24 fun and interactive events all over the town. The proceeds of the event will directly go back to the community through scholarship grants, local giving grans, donations supporting the needs of the town and the like. What could be more pleasant than knowing that what you’re paying for goes to a good cause?
Westborough Dog Show Details
Most dog enthusiasts in Westborough are looking forward to joining the dog show. They are more than excited to boast what their own dogs can do. Expect to see a great number of dogs in different breeds, able to do things you can’t expect from a simple dog.
- When: Sunday, May 5, 2013 from 10 am to 3 pm
- Where: Westborough Bay State Green
- All dogs that are leashed and vaccinated are invited to the event.
- Top 3 winners receive the following prizes: Admissions to major attractions in Westborough, fitness center memberships, gift cards, and more
- Proceeds will go to the Tufts Student Chapter of the American Veterinary Medical Association and the Stanley O. Travis Fund
5K Road Race
One of the highlights of the Westborough Spring Festival is the 5K Road Race. On the previous year’s event, thousands of people from Westborough and nearby towns gathered for the race. Hopefully, this 2013, many will still come to celebrate with us.
- When: Sunday, May 5, 2013 at 9:00 am
- Where: Westboro H.S. 90 West Main St. Westborough, MA
- Fees: Pre-registration is $15, while post-registration is $20
So, if you’re a resident of Westborough, or perhaps a passerby, a person living on the next town, be sure to check out the Westborough Spring Festival. There are many other events lined up for these three days of fun, fun, fun. A lot of things are in store for both kids and adults, with events here and there, booths selling the best products of Westborough, and so much more. For additional information, please refer to the event’s official website.